A stye is one of the most common problems that people are getting today. The reasons for the styes can be many, for example, contact of your eyes with the foreign substances, which include dust, the impurity in air, bacteria in the air and many more. Now you may ask how to get rid of a stye in your eye? So, the answer is here presented in this article. Just read on and acquaint yourself with many solutions that you can use to remove stye from your eyes.
How To Get Rid Of A Stye In Your Eye?
Now let us understand how you can get rid of this painful stye from your eyes.
Clean Your Stye Carefully
Generally, you can get a stye without any reason. However, sometimes your eyes can come into the contact with foreign substances like makeup or dust, and hence, these can be the reasons behind getting a stye. You may not know, but stye itself is a form of bacterial infection. Therefore, whenever you get a stye, the first thing you need to do is to clean the surrounding area. To do so, follow these steps:
• The first thing you need to do is to wash your hands thoroughly. Once done, with the help of cotton dipped in warm water, gently cleanse the stye. If you do not have cotton, you can go with the special eyelid scrub or shampoo that is diluted and tear-free, for example, baby shampoos.
• Before starting the procedure, make sure that your both hands and the cotton or eyelid scrub is completely clean. Otherwise, if they will not, there are chances of getting more of the germs and debris to the area surrounding the stye.
• The primary reason of causing styes is the staphylococcal bacteria, which can get into the follicle of hair or inside the gland that is present at the corner of an eye. It occurs due to repetitive touching of the eye with the dirty hands. Moreover, certain other bacteria can trigger the stye in your eyes.
Also Read: How To Get Rid Of Pimples Fast? – 5 Easy Tricks To Help You
Take Help Of Warm Compress
The second method to get the relief in your stye is using the warm compress. It is one of the most effective treatments to get your stye cured. You can make the warm compress with the help of a clean towel or you can even use some other fabric and dip them in warm water. Once dipped, place the compress on your eye and leave it for around five to ten minutes.
• After five to ten minutes, when the compress is cool, dip it again in the warm water and repeat the procedure for almost same time duration.
• Repeat this process twice to thrice in a day. Make sure that you are consistent in performing the process if you want to cure your stye.
• This process is very helpful as it cause your stye to shrink down and release the pus, which is inside it. If you experience pus coming out of stye, gently rinse it. Never squeeze or press the stye, only apply a firm but soft pressure to remove the pus.
• Once the pus is out of your stye, our major problem is solved, and you can experience quick fix in your stye.
Go With The Anti-bacterial Cream
The third option is to go with anti-bacterial cream. You can easily find this anti-bacterial cream over the counter, which are specially made to cure the styes. However, if you are in the dilemma and are not able to land on any decision as which cream is best for you, it is advisable that you discuss with the pharmacist or with your healthcare professional.
• While applying the cream, take a small dab and apply it on the stye. Make sure that it does not enter your eye. The best part of these creams is that they heal the stye very fast. As these creams have local anesthetic, which can provide the temporary relief to your eye. Therefore, it is highly advisable that cream should not enter your eye as these anesthetics can cause significant damage to them.
• If, accidentally, you get any cream inside your eye, flush it out carefully and gently with the help of warm water and instantly contact your doctor or the healthcare professional.
• Always use the recommended dosage as indicated on the packaging.
Also Read: High Protein Diet Plan To Help You Lose Weight
Home Remedies To Treat Stye
All the above solutions are perfect for treating the stye; however, nothing can beat the home remedies. So, let us have a look on some of the home remedies that will help in curing the stye. Always remember while using the home remedies that they do not enter your eyes, otherwise may cause further damage to your eyes. Moreover, these remedies are not medically proven but are effective in the treatment of styes.
- Use the wash of coriander seed. To achieve this, soak a little quantity of coriander seeds in the water for about an hour, strain the seeds and rinse the eyes with the water slowly and properly. Doing so will help in the reduction of swelling in your eyes because it is said that the seeds have the property to reduce swelling.
- The second home remedy is to use the Aloe. Aloe is one of the best products that reduce the swelling and redness from our eyes. To use aloe, cut a small piece of aloe leaf lengthwise and use the pulpy area to put it over the affected area. If you are not able to find the aloe leaf, you can also go with the cotton dipped in aloe juice. You can easily find the aloe juice in any pharmacist shop. Moreover, for a better result, you can mix the aloe juice along with the chamomile tea.
- You can also use potatoes to get rid of the stye. All you need to do is to convert the potatoes into the paste and spread the paste on a clean and soft cloth properly. Once done, gently and firmly apply the paste over the stye to get the instant comfort.