Every woman desires a beautiful skin and a beautiful body. Some women have it naturally and some gain it through hard work. It is the right of every individual to look good and to live in a skin in which they are comfortable. But with time, some things become very difficult to control. Human beings cannot stop the process of aging. Along with aging, come problems like wrinkles, unnecessary fats, patchy skin etc. One such problem is deposition of cellulite on the back of the thighs. Moreover, it can occur in women of any age and those bumps at the back can ruin the appeal of a beautiful figure. If you too have fallen prey to the same problem, you might be worried, ‘How to get rid of cellulite on back of thighs?’ Do not get dismayed and keep hovering on various pages the Internet to search for a solution, as we have compiled various remedies to help you get rid of cellulite on thighs.
How To Get Rid Of Cellulite On Back Of Thighs?
Before discussing the ways to eliminate cellulite from the thighs, it is very important to understand what causes it. First of all, let’s be clear that cellulite deposition cannot occur to only fat people. Thin people can have this condition too. It is more of a genetic condition. Moreover, it is more common in the females than in males. However, for overweight people, reducing weight will help to discard a great amount of cellulite on thighs. Following are the causes for cellulite to get deposited on thighs:
- Poor nutrition and less than required diet
- Intense dieting
- Slow rate of metabolism
- Very less or negligible amount of physical activity
- Sudden changes in the hormones
- Increase in the overall body fat
- Thickness of the skin
- Color of the skin
Assess yourself and identify the cause of your cellulite problem. It will help to make use of the best remedy possible.
Now let us know about the various Remedies to get rid of cellulite:
- Eat a diet that is full of protein and fiber. A balanced diet always helps to get rid of the body fat and unwanted cellulite in the body.
- Protein can be obtained from nuts and meats. Proteins play a great role in repairing collagen and connective tissues that are broken and damaged. Hence, the skin gets firmer and tightened. So the wrinkled and dimpled cellulite in the back of your thighs will be eliminated gradually. Lean protein sources like fish are more advisable than fatty protein sources such as red meat.
- Whole grains, leafy vegetables and fruits help to regulate the body by clearing the toxins and waste from the intestine.
- If you are trying to discard the cellulite from your body, junk food consumption should be strictly avoided. Junk foods contain transfats and saturated fats that dump more cellulite into one’s body. Not just junk foods, but all the foods that contain such substances should not be consumed.
2. Keep A Track Of The Calories
- Getting rid of cellulite depends a lot on burning fat. So apply a simple rule to your day-to-day life: Burn more calories than you consume every day.
- Based on the Body Mass Index (BMI) calculate your ideal weight.
- For the people who follow an exercise routine of 60 minutes work-out three to four times a week, the goal weight should be multiplied by 15 times. For those who do not exercise can multiply it by 13. Those who manage to exercise for more than 60 minutes in a day should multiply it by 20. The final answer will give you the count of the calories that you should consume daily.
- Count the number of total calories that were consumed by you in the whole week. Now, deduct the daily requirement of the calories in a week that you had calculated earlier. The product will be the number of excess calories that you need to burn out from your body.
- Drinking lots of water helps to shed impurities, fats and toxins from the body. So cellulite, not only from the thighs, but from the whole body will get discarded.
- Water also strengthens the connective tissues and collagen in the skin. So the skin gets firmer. This helps in reducing the wrinkled effect of collagen and creating a smoother appearance on the thighs, especially the back portion.
- Increase your daily intake of water to a considerable level. The normal requirement of water for most of the people is at least 250 ml every day. If you are not drinking this much amount of water, then increase your daily intake of water. If you are already having the suggested amount of water daily, then there is no harm in increasing intake to one or two more glasses, on a regular basis.
3. Physical Activity
- A small walk or cardiovascular exercise in any form will help a lot to reduce the cellulite. The blood circulation facilitated by such activities helps to burn off the overall fat from the body.
- If you are interested, you can also indulge in jump-roping, swimming, jogging etc.
- Doing cardiovascular exercises at least 3 to 4 times in a week will give better results.
- Walk at a brisk speed for 6 evenings in a week for 45 to 60 minutes. Take one day rest in the midst of the week. Also, go at a pace that is comfortable for you and not over-stressing. You can slow down if your breath starts getting heavy. Remember to walk with head up and shoulders back.
- Do some strength training exercises, apart from exercises that help in your blood circulation. The exercises which build muscles in the thighs can tone the legs and reduce the fat deposition.
- On massaging the back portion of the thighs, you can facilitate better circulation of blood in the legs. Thus, the dimples and wrinkles formed due to cellulite will decrease.
- If you do not have a massaging tool, your fingers will do the trick. Massage the back of your thigh, in circular motions, for about 5 to 10 minutes daily. Massage over each and every inch having cellulite deposition.
- Using a massaging soap is also an alternative. The nubs or bumps on the soap stimulate the flow of blood. Thus, the fluids which have solidified under the skin surface break down. Some of the soaps also contain exfoliants that remove dead skin and caffeine that make the skin firmer.
- An exfoliator not only removes dead skin, but also stimulates the blood circulation. Also, the toxins from the thigh region will be discarded upon exfoliation.
- We suggest you to use natural exfoliants, as much as you can because they are gentle on any skin type. Salt, sugar and coffee are some of the natural exfoliants.
- Ground coffee exfoliants will help to tighten the skin too.
- It will be still better if you use an exfoliant containing oils like vitamin E or avocado oil or coconut oil. The oils help to hydrate and enrich the skin.
6. Use A Self-Tanner To Hide Cellulite
- If you cannot discard the cellulite from your body properly, hide them using self-tanner cream.
- Remember, to apply the self-tanning lotion to the entire leg and not just the back region of your thigh, or else you will end up attracting more attention to the back of your thighs.
- Apply only a thin layer and not too much to make it look more natural.
- Also, note that the cellulite appears more prominently on the light skin as compared to a dark skin.
7. Use A Cellulite Cream
- You can obtain skin firming cosmetic products in the beauty section of almost all the big stores.
- Many people have claimed that the cellulite on the thighs has reduced after using such products for few weeks.
- Contents like L-Carnitine, Co-enzyme 10, lotus leaf extract etc. are beneficial in eliminating cellulite from the body.
- The cream or lotion should be used daily to achieve the best results.
- Also, some of the products can cause side-effects due to the presence of stimulants in them. So avoid using them too frequently.
- Be careful while selecting a cosmetic product because some of them cause swelling in the skin to give a temporary effect of firming, instead of making the skin shrink.
8. Make Use Of Some Homemade Remedies:
- You can prepare pastes and exfoliants at home and kick off those cellulite layers from your thighs.
- Many remedies are available. But use only those that hydrate your skin and aid in blood circulation.
Following are some scrubs which you can make at home without giving in many efforts and creating a mess:
9. Ground Coffee Scrub
- Coarse and ground coffee will exfoliate the skin, as well as improve the blood circulation. Thus, the regeneration of skin cells ensures a healthy skin.
- In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup of ground coffee, 3 tbsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of liquid coconut oil and form a paste. Take a dab of the paste and massage the wrinkled or bumpy skin with it for some time, applying sufficient pressure. Finally, rinse the paste off with water that is lukewarm. Following this routine for 2 to 3 times in a week will get you rid of the cellulite.
- You can store the remaining paste in a glass jar.
10. Dry Brushing
- Dry brushing is an easy way to eliminate cellulite from the thighs. This process enhances the circulation of blood and also lymphatic drainage. It helps to remove the toxins from the uppermost layer of the skin. Hence, the cellulite deposition is cleared off gradually. A body brush that is made up from natural fibers is the best one to use.
- Before you start brushing, make the skin and the brush both dry.
- Brush from toe to the shoulders and from right to the left side. The areas with more cellulite should be focused more. Brushing movements should be in such a way that you facilitate the flow of the blood towards the heart and not away from it.
- Dry brushing should be done for 5 to 10 minutes daily.
- Taking a shower after dry brushing will wash off all the dead skin from the skin surface.
- Doing this daily for few months will render effective results.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple Cider Vinegar contains magnesium, potassium, calcium and other minerals that help to reduce the cellulite in the skin. These elements also help in eliminating toxins and the retention of water around the thighs. Thus, cellulite and bloating are reduced.
- Mix 1 cup of apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of water. You can even add a spoonful of honey if you wish. Apply the mixture to the affected area and leave it for half an hour. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Following the process twice in a day will give desired results.
- Mixing 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar with 1 tsp of honey and drinking it twice a day will also help to get rid of the cellulite.
1. Laser Therapy
- In laser therapy, the fats of a particular region are liquefied and diverted towards lymph to get eliminated.
- The results of the therapy are minor and the effect is temporary. So you may need to undergo the laser therapy every few months.
- The liposuction process is very commonly used remedy, these days. But sometimes the results can be negative and worsen the problem, instead of improving it.
- In liposuction, the fats are removed from the deep layers of the skin and not the cellulite actually. Due to the removal of fat padding, the appearance of cellulite is dampened. But the problem with the therapy is that wrinkles can become worse.
We hope this article will be useful to you in understanding – How to get rid of cellulite on back of thighs. Follow a suitable routine and the remedies to shed some stubborn cellulite off your beautiful body.